Creating folder data sources
Create folder data sources to access data files from your file system as tables. You can work with the following file formats: xls, xlsx, csv, txt, xml, ixf, dbf, tab, ctab.
Each created folder data source represents a folder selected from your file system so that all data files of supported types in this folder are converted into tables. By default, all folder data sources are personal.
About this task
To create a folder data source, perform the following steps:
- Open the Create Folder Data Source wizard
in one of the following ways:
- Right-click the Folder Data Sources node in the Repositories view. Select from the context menu. The Create Folder Data Source wizard opens.
- Select New window opens. Expand the Repository folder. Select Folder Data Source. The Create Folder Data Source wizard opens. . The
- Enter a name for the new folder data source in the Data Source Name field.
- Specify the folder data source parameters in the Parameters area:
- In the Directory field, specify the path to the source folder, or browse for it by clicking the ellipsis (…) button.
- To include the subfolders in the selected source folder, select the Include subfolders check box.
- To include the hidden files in the selected source folder, select the Include hidden files check box.
- In the Comment field, type a comment to describe the created folder data source. The comment will be displayed in the properties of this data source.
- Click Finish.
You created a folder data source. It is now located under the Folder Data Sources node.