Saving data objects as dynamarts
Dynamart is a format for saving result sets with all the modifications.
About this task
When you save a data file as a dynamart, the link to this file is saved within it. When you open the dynamart, it reloads the data from the linked source file and updates the result set if the source file was modified or replaced. You can change the source object or deactivate the data update for a particular dynamart in the Dynamart Settings window.
When you save a query as a dynamart, the result set and the operations with it are saved within the dynamart. When you open the dynamart, it reloads the result set and automatically applies all the custom changes, like filtering or adding calculated columns.
To save data objects as dynamarts:
- Make sure that the data file that you want to save as a dynamart is opened in the active window. If you work with an analytical or visual query, run it before you save it as a dynamart.
- From the main menu, select .
Select one of the following options depending on where you want to save the dynamart:
- Save to Repository
- Save to File
- In the Save to Repository window, specify the parent entry, file name, and comment.
- In the Save to File window, specify the directory to save the file and the file name. You can click Browse to search the destination directory.
- Select one of the following options from the Type list:
- Dynamart to save a visual query, CSV, DBF, IXF, TXT, or XML files.
- Compound Dynamart to save an analytical query.
- Click Finish to save the dynamart files.