Filtering query results
You can apply sorting and filtering options to the columns or your query result set to control the rows that they include.
About this task
To apply sorting and filtering options to one or several columns or your query result set, complete the following steps for each of the columns that you want to filter:
On the Results tab, click on a column whose
values you want to sort or filter.
Note: If your query result set contains top groups or side groups, you cannot apply filters to it.
- To sort the column values in an ascending order, click Sort Ascending.
- To sort the column values in a descending order, click Sort Descending.
To remove the currently applied column filter, click Remove
Note: The Remove Filter function does not allow you to remove free style condition filters and prompt hierarchy filters.
To open the Dynamart Filter wizard that allows you to configure advanced
filtering options, click Advanced. For information about using the
Dynamart Filter wizard, see the Filtering query results by using the Dynamart Filter wizard
Note: Free style condition filters and prompt hierarchy filters are applied to a query result set instead of individual columns. If you switch from a free style condition filter or a prompt hierarchy filter to a compound or simple filter, the free style condition/prompt hierarchy filter is removed.
- In the Type filter text field, type the text by which you want to filter the column list.
- From the column list, select the row values that you want to include into your query result set.
If the column list does not include all the row values from your query result set, click
Not all values are fetched to display the remaining rows values.
Note: The maximum number of rows that can be fetched is 10000.
- Click OK to apply your filter.