Creating total and detail column sets
You can associate detail columns that you do not always want to be displayed in a quick report with a total column.
Before you begin
About this task
For example, you might have a Product Costs column that is calculated from the Item Cost and Number of Items Shipped. In the quick report you might want only the Product Costs column to be displayed, but you still want the other columns available if needed. You can use this feature to make the Product Costs column the total column, and specify the columns used to calculate the total column as detail columns.
You can display or hide detail columns by clicking the arrow in the total column header.
To create total and detail column set:
- Open the Format page of the Create New Quick Report wizard.
- Expand Report Settings node and select Total/Detail Sets node from the tree.
- On the Total/Detail Sets page, click Add Total/Detail Set. A new set is displayed in the table.
- Specify a total column from the list of available columns. All of the non-selected columns are automatically displayed in the Detail Columns list.
- From the Detail Columns list, select detail columns to associate them with the specified total column
- If you have specified all the required parameters for the quick report, click Finish to close the Create New Quick Report wizard and display the quick report on the Design page of the editor where you can manually customize the look of the report.