Working with shared prompts
Use shared prompts to apply filtering to analytical queries and compound dynamarts.
About this task
In analytical queries, you use prompt groups that include shared child query prompts, newly added simple prompts, or prompt hierarchies. You can group prompts of the same type so that all the prompts within one prompt group receive the value passed to this group.
To manage shared prompts in analytical queries or compound dynamarts:
- With an active query in the query editor, either select Query > Manage Prompts or open
the Prompts pane on the Design tab.
On the Prompts pane, you can see the child query prompts or newly added simple prompts or prompt hierarchies.
- To add a simple prompt, perform the steps from Adding simple prompts.
The newly added simple prompt is automatically added to a newly created prompt group that borrows its name.
- To add an existing prompt hierarchy, perform the steps from Adding
existing prompt hierarchies.
The newly added prompt hierarchy is automatically added to a newly created prompt group that borrows its name.
- To move a prompt from the default group to another group:
Note: You can only group prompts of the same type and prompt hierarchies with the same resource.
- From the Available prompts list, select an item that you want to add to a group.
- From the Prompt Group list, select a group to which you want to add the selected item.
- Click Add to Group. The selected item is added to the prompt group.
- To remove a prompt from a group:
- From the Prompt Group list, select an item that you want to remove.
- Click Detach Prompt. The selected item is detached from the prompt group.
- To rename a prompt group:
- From the Prompt Group list, select the prompt that you want to rename.
- Click Rename Prompt Group.
- In the Prompt Group window, specify the name and string to display and click OK.
- To change the order of the prompt groups in the Prompt Group list:
- From the Prompt Group list, select the node of the prompt group or a prompt in the group.
- Click Move Prompt Group Up or Move Prompt Group Down.
- If you work in the Manage Prompts window, click OK to close the window.