Managing drill-down path recording display modes
You can use the Drill-down structure pane of the drill-down path Design editor to manage the display modes.
Each level of detail of a drill-down path recording is represented by a different display mode. Each drill-down path display mode is edited separately, allowing you to display data using different charts and formatting options. You use the Drill-down structure pane of the drill-down path Design editor to manage the available display modes and the analysis paths that they represent.
About this task
To manage drill-down path display modes:
- Open a drill-down path in the drill-down path Design editor.
- In the Drill-down structure pane, right-click a display mode, select New, and specify the type of display mode that you want to add.
- From the Data source list select a query, dynamart, table or forecast, on the basis of which you want to create a drill-down level.
- To add a new object click Add data source object.
In the Set Data Source dialog select the necessary
data source object type and specify a path to it in the Path field:
- Embedded - the object is saved in the drill-down path, so it can be transferred with it to a file or repository when you save this drill-down.
- Linked - the drill-down path saves a link to the data source object. The object is not saved to a file or repository with a drill-down path.
- If you add a new data source object, in the Relation between data sources area select a column of the parent object from the Master column list and a column from the child object from Detail column list. These two columns are used to join the data from two objects.
- If the specified columns have TIMESTAMP format you can select the necessary value from Calendar function list to specify the format settings of the columns. Calendar function joins columns with TIMESTAMP data from different data sources if they belong to one and the same time period, for example, one year, quarter or month.
- Click Next to open Chart Type page of the New Drill-down Path Display Mode wizard.
- Specify chart type options and click Next.
The Data Series page options.
- Specify data series options and click Next.
The Format page opens.
- Specify format options and click Finish.
The Create New Drill-down Path wizard closes and the first chart is displayed in the Drill-down structure pane of the Drill-down Path editor.Note: The new display mode is placed underneath the right-clicked display mode, and represents the next level of detail in the drill-down structure.
- Right-click a display mode and select Make Default.
The default display mode is the first chart that is displayed when you view query results
- Right-click a display mode and select Edit from
the pop-up menu. The Edit display mode wizard opens.
- Make the necessary changes to the chart type, data series,
and chart format options and click OK.
The Edit display mode wizard closes.
- Right-click a display mode and select Remove from the pop-up menu to delete it from the Drill-down structure tree.
- Right-click a display mode and select Move Up or Move
Down to change its location in the Drill-down
structure tree. Note: You can select the necessary level of detail to be displayed in the drill-down by clicking a proper chart area. The Drill-down window with a list of available sublevels appears. Select the necessary one and click OK. You cannot select a level if there is only one sublevel or the drill-down path is being recorded.