Setting simple moving average parameters
A moving average smooths a time series by forecasting the value for each period using the average of several previous periods.
To specify simple moving average parameters:
About this task
- Open the Model page of the Forecast editor.
- Click Add. The Forecast model selection page of the Add Model wizard opens.
- Click Simple moving average and
then click Next. The Simple moving average page of the Add Model wizard opens.
- Select the number of previous time periods to use to calculate the moving average from the Number of periods drop-down list.
- Click Finish. The Add Model wizard closes and the forecast model is displayed in the table.