Setting multiplicative decomposition parameters
A multiplicative decomposition extracts trend, seasonality, and cyclicity information from the data and uses these elements to predict future values.
To specify multiplicative decomposition parameters:
About this task
- Open a forecast in the Model editor.
- Click Add. The Forecast model selection page of the Add Model wizard opens.
- Click Multiplicative decomposition and
then click Next. The Multiplicative decomposition page of the Add Model wizard opens.
- Specify the frequency at which you expect to see seasonal effects on the data in the Seasonal frequency drop-down list.
- Specify the frequency at which you expect to see cyclical effects on the data in the Cycle length drop-down list.
- Click Finish. The Add Model wizard closes and the forecast model is displayed in the table.