Editing user properties
You can edit the properties that you have specified for each user that will be allowed to access a repository that has been assigned the Internal security option.
To edit a user's properties:
About this task
- Open the Users and Groups view by selecting . Expand the QMF Workbench and select Users and Groups. Right-click a user name in the tree and select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Properties for [User] window opens.
- On the User General page of the Properties
for [User] window, the User name field
displays the name of the selected user. You can edit the following
user fields on this page:
- Type any changes to the user's user name in the User name field.
- Type any changes to the user's full name in the Full Name field.
- Type any changes to the description in the Description field.
- Specify a new password for the user by clicking the Set Password button. The Set Password for [User] window opens where you can specify the new password.
- On the User Membership page of the Properties for [User] window, you can add and remove the user to and from groups. All of the groups that have been created for the repository are listed in the Member of list box. Each group has a corresponding check box. The check box is selected if the user belongs to that group and cleared if the user does not belong to the group. To add the user to a group, select the group's corresponding check box. To remove the user from a group, clear the group's corresponding check box.
- Click OK. The changes that you have made to the user's properties are saved.