Inserting a linear map
Linear maps display spatial data in a geographic context.
About this task
To insert a linear map:
- Double-click the Linear Map object
in the Layouts palette of the Palette view.
The Linear Map Wizard opens.
- In the All Data Sources tree, navigate
to the table or query that will be run to obtain the layout object's
query result set and click Next.
The Linear map options page opens.
- Select Data contains open boundaries. Plot as
Polylines. to specify that your linear map will be plotted
as polylines. Choose this option if the vertices data is stored in your query result data columns as polylines. When stored as polylines, the vertices have open boundaries. The last point and the first point are different.
- Select Data contains closed boundaries. Plot
as polygons. to specify that your linear map will be plotted
as polygons. Choose this option if the vertices data is stored in your query result data columns as polygons. When stored as polygons, the vertices have closed boundaries.
- Click Next. The Select the field containing the boundaries page opens.
- In the Boundary Field drop-down list, specify the data column in your query result set that contains the map vertices.
- Click Finish. The Linear Map Wizard closes, and the map displays in the editor window.