Inserting an embedded scene object
An Embedded Scene object is a container through which you can view all or a portion of another scene and then navigate to that scene.
You can use the Embedded Scene object only in visual dashboards, they are not applicable to visual reports. You can embed a scene if you have already defined two scenes. The source scene is where you insert the embedded scene object. The scene specified within the embedded scene object is considered the destination scene.
About this task
To insert an embedded scene object in your visual dashboard scene:
- From the Project Explorer view, open the source scene in the Canvas mode.
- From the Palette view, click the Embedded Scene object.
- Click in the editor window to insert the Embedded Scene object. The Embedded scene wizard opens.
- Select the Navigate to embedded scene when clicked with the mouse check box to automatically generate an event action for the embedded scene object. The generated event action specifies that a mouse click the embedded scene object will take a user to the embedded scene. The Navigate to embedded scene when clicked with the mouse check box should be cleared if you want to specify a different event action for the embedded scene object.
- If you want to navigate to a location from another
visual project, select the Another visual project check
box and click the ellipsis (...) to the right of the field.
The Open window opens.
- Navigate to and select the visual project that
you want the embedded scene to link to and click Finish.
The Open window closes and control returns to the Embedded Scene Wizard.
- Select the name of the destination scene from the Embedded scene drop-down list.
- Select the viewpoint of the embedded scene that you want to focus the window on in the Viewpoints list box.
- Specify the coordinates and zoom level of the embedded scene's canvas in from the Location fields.
- Click OK. An Embedded Scene object appears in the folder for your scene.