Adding a Refresh component event action
Use the Refresh Component event action to refresh a component in a visual dashboard by invalidating a query cache. This event action reruns the query and the results are displayed in the refreshed component.
About this task
The Refresh Component event action is appropriate when querying related components only.
To add a Refresh component event action to an object:
- Select the object in the editor window and double-click
the event that will trigger the jump from the Events view.
The [objectname] Behavior window opens.
- Click the Add New Action icon.
The Add New Action window opens.
- Select Refresh Component in
the actions tree. Note: To quickly find the required event action, type the name of the action in the filter text field.
- Click Next.
A window requesting the parameters for the Refresh Component event action opens.
- Specify one or more target components to refresh and click Finish.
The Add New Action window closes.
- Click OK to close the [objectname] Behavior window.
The target component will be refreshed when the event action that you have specified occurs.