Adding an Execute shell command event action
Use the Execute shell command action to run a shell command after a specified event occurs. The Execute shell command event action allows you to run a shell command like that performed using the operating system Run command from the Start menu.
About this task
To add an Execute shell command event action to an object:
- Select the object in the editor window and double-click
the event that you want to trigger the jump from the Events view.
The [objectname] Behavior window opens.
- Click the Add New Action icon.
The Add New Action window opens.
- Select Execute shell command in
the actions tree. Note: To quickly find the required event action, type the name of the action in the filter text field.
- Click Next. The Execute shell command action parameters page opens.
- Type the command in the Command box
or click Browse to browse and select a file
that contains the commands. Note: You can use expressions to specify commands. For example, type
="%SystemRoot%\notepad.exe " + Var1to open a file, the path to which is stored in the
Var1parameter, in Notepad.
- Click Finish. The Execute shell command action is added. The Add New Action window closes.
- From the [objectname] Behavior window, click the Apply button to apply all actions that have been added for the event.
- Click OK to close the [objectname] Behavior window.