Specifying values for the resource limits
From the Edit Resource Limits Group Schedule window you enter the resource limits that you want to be in effect for the schedule.
About this task
To specify the individual resource limits:
- From the Repository Explorer view, right-click a data source. Select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Properties for [data source] window opens. Click Resource Limits. The Resource Limits window opens. Select a resource limits group from the Resource limits groups list box. Click the Edit icon. The Edit Resource Limits Group window opens. Select a schedule from the Schedule List. Click Edit. The Edit Resource Limits Group Schedule window opens.
- Using the following pages of the Edit Resource
Limits Group Schedule window specify the parameters that
will set up the resource limits for the selected resource limits group
- Select the Main page to assign the schedule a priority and specify the time of day and day of the week the schedule is in effect. You must specify these parameters when you are creating a new schedule. For the Default resource limits groups, this page is not available.
- Select the Timeouts page to specify warning and cancellation limits for idle queries, idle connections, and server response time.
- Select the Limits page to specify warning and cancellation limits for the maximum number of rows and bytes of data that can be retrieved. In addition, select this page to specify the maximum number of simultaneous connections that can be established to the database server.
- Select the SQL Verbs page to limit the SQL verbs that users assigned to this resource limits group are allowed to use when this schedule is in effect.
- Select the Options page to specify access options including: database data source access using either the QMF for Workstation or QMF for WebSphere® user interface and programming interface; database update confirmation; isolation levels for user queries; mandatory account information; and the ability to fetch all rows automatically, export data, edit tables, and only run saved queries.
- Select the Save Data page to allow users assigned to this resource limits group and using this schedule to save data at the database server.
- Select the Binding page to allow users assigned to this resource limits group and using this schedule to bind or drop static packages for their queries.
- Select the Object Tracking page to turn on QMF for Workstation or QMF for WebSphere object tracking. You must turn on object tracking in order to have meaningful object tracking reports.
- Select the LOB Options page to allow users, assigned to this resource limits group and using this schedule, to access tables containing large object data (LOB).
- Select the Cache page to control caching options for each user.
- Select the Object List page to define the default owner name that will be used to filter data source objects and specify a specific list of owner names that can be used to filter data source objects aside from the default name.
- Click OK. The Edit Resource Limits Group Schedule window closes. All the changes that you have made to the resource limits parameters are saved. The Edit Resource Limits Group window stays open. From the Resource Limits Group window, the next step to setting up resource limits is to assign users to the resource limits groups.