Specifying Object Tracking resource limits
On the Object Tracking page of the Edit Resource Limits Group Schedule window you activate object tracking.
Object tracking must be enabled in order to collect the tracking data that is used to populate object tracking reports. Object tracking reports can help you locate unused objects, locate frequently accessed data sources such as tables or columns and spot potential problem areas. Object Tracking resource limits can be set for data sources.
The Object Tracking resource limits are as follows:
- Enable summary object tracking
- This field specifies whether summary object tracking is activated for your resource limits group. Summary tracking records the number of times an object is run, and the most recent times it was run and modified.
- Enable detailed object tracking
- This field specifies whether detailed object tracking is activated
for your resource limits group. Detailed tracking records each time
the object is run, who ran it, and the results. A large amount of
data can be collected if this option is selected. Note: This option must be enabled to use ad hoc object tracking or SQL text tracking.
- Enable ad-hoc object tracking
- This field specifies whether a record of each ad-hoc query is
kept in the summary or detail object tracking tables. An ad-hoc query
is a query that has not been named or saved at the database data source. Note: The Enable detailed object tracking option must be enabled in order to enable this option.
- Enable SQL text tracking
- This field specifies whether a record of the SQL text of each
query is kept in the detail tracking table. Note: The Enable detailed object tracking option must be enabled in order to enable this option.
- Last Used timestamp option
- This field specifies when and by which commands data objects are
updated.Note: In cases when the object is saved to the QMF Catalog, the data is kept in the column LAST_USED of the table Q.OBJECT_DIRECTORY. If the object is saved to the repository, then the data is kept in the column LAST_USED of the RSBI.OBJECTS table.
- The following options are available:
- Update when object is accessed (legacy mode)Data is updated when you run any of the following commands against the object:
- Update when object is run, saved or imported
Data is updated after performing RUN, SAVE or IMPORT commands.
- Update only when object is run
Data is updated only after performing RUN command.
- Update when object is accessed (legacy mode)
- Last Used timestamp options can be overridden
- Indicates whether the DSQEC_LAST_RUN variable value is ignored.
This check box is cleared by default.
Select this check box to change the variable value and override the resource limit.