Changing your Db2 password
You can change your Db2® database password using the Change Password window.
Users are sometimes required to change their Db2 passwords on a regular basis to adhere to security measures that have been set up by their organizations. The Change Password window allows you to change your Db2 password yourself, without the aide of your database administrator.
About this task
Note: This feature is only valid for Db2 data sources with type four connections that use the Db2 JCC driver or Direct DRDA connectivity.
To change your Db2 password:
In the Repository Explorer view, navigate to the Db2 data source that has the password that you want to change and right-click
the data source.
A pop-up menu opens.
- Select Properties from the pop-up
menu. The Properties for [data source] window opens.
- Select Connection Parameters.
The Connection Parameters page of the Properties for [data source] window opens.
- Select the User
ID and password are required check box. You can change the following check box options:
- Apply logon to subsequent connections during application session (This the default selection)
- Allow users to save passwords
- Allow users to change passwords
- Click the Set User
Information button. The Set User Information for [data source] window opens.
- Enter the user name in the User: field.
- Enter the password in the Password: field.
- Click the Change button.
The Change Password window opens.
- Type the old password in the Old Password field.
Note: For security reasons, the Old password field will always be blank when the Change Password window opens, even if the Remember the password check box is selected.
- Type the new password in the New password field.
- Retype the new password in the Confirm new password field.
- Select the Remember the password and/or Use this information for every data source I connect to check boxes.
- Click OK. The Change Password window closes and the new password is confirmed.