Copying an existing data template
You can add a data template to a layout object by copying an existing data template and then changing the query that is associated with the original data template.
When you copy data templates, all child objects in the data template folder are also copied. As a result, you get an exact duplicate of the existing data template. You would then change the query that is associated with the new data template and you can optionally modify any child object properties.
About this task
To add a data template to a layout object by copying an existing data template:
- In the Project Explorer view, right-click the data template folder that you want to copy. Select Copy from the pop-up menu. The data template folder is copied to the clipboard.
- In the Project Explorer view, right-click the layout object folder to which you want to add the data template. Select Paste from the pop-up menu. The data template folder is copied to the layout object's folder.
- You can change the query that is associated with the data
template in one of the following ways:
- Right-click the new data template folder that you just added and select Change Query. The Select Query window opens where you can select a query that has been added to your Queries folder.
- If the data template that you copied uses a query that has parameters, you can change the query for the data template by changing the value of the query parameter. Expand the data template folder that you just added and select the Query Parameters folder. Set the query parameter to a new value.
- After a data template is added to the layout object, you can modify the objects and their properties as you require.
- Click Runtime in the editor to view the results.