Designing a classic report form
You can create and edit forms using the Design page of the Classic Report editor window. Generated reports are displayed in the Report page.
To create a form:
About this task
- Open the Design page for
a classic report in one of the following ways:
- Select Create New Form wizard opens. Specify the name of the form in the Name field and where the form will be saved in the Data source field. Click Finish. . The
- Select the New Form toolbar button. Click the Design tab to open the Design page of the Form window.
- The Design page is divided into two sections. To the left is the Form structure tree. Each node in the tree represents a section of the report. As you select a node from the tree, the fields that you have to specify for that section of the report are displayed.
- To design your form, select one or more sections from the Form
structure tree and enter the corresponding fields. A
classic report includes the following sections:
- When you have completed designing the form, you can save the form in your repository, in the QMF catalog, or to a file.