Specifying forecasting models options
Use the Forecasting Models pane of the Forecasts editor to specify the forecasting models that are used to calculate the forecasted data.
To specify forecasting models options:
About this task
- Open the Model page of the Forecast editor.
- Click Add. The Forecast model selection page of the Forecast wizard opens.
- Select a forecast model. Available forecast models include:
- Simple moving average
- Weighted moving average
- Single exponential smoothing
- Double exponential smoothing
- Holt-Winters method
- Multiplicative decomposition
- Curve fitting
- Polynomial regression
- Neural network
- Click Next. The parameters page of the specified forecast model opens.
- Specify the parameters of the forecast model and click Finish.
The Forecast wizard closes and the forecast model is displayed in the Forecasting Models table.
- To delete a forecast model from the Forecasting Models table, click Remove Model.
- To edit a forecast model parameters, perform the following
- Select a forecast model and click Edit Model. The parameters page of the selected forecast model opens.
- Edit the parameters of the forecast model and click Finish. The Forecast wizard closes and the changes are saved.
- To copy a forecast model, click Copy Model.
A duplicate model is created and displayed in the Forecasting Model table. This feature is useful if you want to test several models of the same type with slightly different parameters each time.