Opening the contents of an IXF file for further processing
Once opened, the contents of the IXF file are presented in a results view, much the same as the output from a query.
The results view then allows you to format the data, generate a report, export it to a file or database table, offering options identical to those available when viewing query results.
About this task
- Click the Open from file toolbar button
and enter the IXF file name. The data contained in the IXF file opens as a results view in the editor.
- Use the Results menu to run the
- Font opens the Font page of the Layout Properties window where you can view and change the font attributes of your selection within the query results.
- Format opens the Format page of the Layout Properties window where you can view and change the formatting options for the selected column in the query results.
- Grouping and Aggregation specifies logical groupings of information within the query results.
- Show Total Summaries shows summary information for the selected total columns.
- Add Calculated Column opens the Calculated Columns window enabling you to add a calculated column to the query results. A calculated column is a column of data that is dynamically created based on an expression that you define.
- Reset Formatting resets the formatting that has been applied to selected columns in the query results to the original formatting attributes.
- Reset All resets the formatting that has been applied to all the columns in the query results to the original formatting attributes.
- Autofit automatically fits the contents of columns and rows.
- Sort opens the Sort window where you can set up multiple levels of sort criteria.
- Display Report generates a visual or classic report using the query results that are active in the editor.
- Display Excel Sheet opens Microsoft Excel and displays the query results data in an Excel data sheet.
- Export opens the Export Query Results wizard where you can choose to save the query results to a file or a database.