Populating ER diagrams automatically
You can specify the tables to which you want to create joins automatically and QMF populates existing ER diagram folders with ER diagrams for these tables.
You must have an ER diagram folder to populate it.
Before you begin
About this task
To populate ER diagrams:
- In the Repository Explorer view, right-click the ER diagram folder that you want to populate and select Populate.
- In the Set Name Filter window, you can specify the following criteria:
- In the Object owner field, specify the identifier that owns the tables that you want to join in ER diagrams. You must specify the owner in the correct format for identifiers. You can use a pattern with a wildcard character in this field to match multiple owners.
- In the Object name field, specify the identifier that names the tables join in ER diagrams. You must specify the name in the correct format for identifiers. You can specify a matching pattern with a wildcard character to match multiple names.
- Click OK to close the Set Name Filter window and start the populating process.
When the ER diagram is built, it is displayed in the ER Diagram editor. For detailed information about editing the created ER diagrams, see the Editing ER diagrams topic.