Inserting an organization chart
Organization charts display data in a tree structure that reads from top to bottom and is typically associated with a personal hierarchy.
About this task
To insert an organization chart:
- Double-click the created object and add any controls (for
example, labels) with the necessary values to display them in the
- In the All Data Sources tree, navigate
to the table or query that will be run to obtain the layout object's
query result set and click Next.
The Organization chart options page opens.
- In the Parent field drop-down list, select the name of the data column in your query result set that will be used for the parent cell in the Organization chart.
- In the Child field drop-down list, select the name of the data column in your query result set that will be used as the child cell in the Organization chart.
- Select the Include a label check box to include a label in each of the parent and child cells of the Organization chart.
- In the Label field drop-down list,
specify the name of a data column in your query result set that will
contain the label information for each parent and child cell in the
organization chart. You must select a data column from the drop-down list of available data columns that are in your query result set if you selected the Include a label check box.
- In the Size of child
objects relative to parent objects field, specify the
size of the child objects as they are displayed in the Organization
chart relative to the size of the parent objects. Type a number between .01 and 1 in the field.
- In the Layout Model drop-down list, select the layout view option either classic or horizontal.
- Click Finish. The Organization Chart Wizard closes and the chart is displayed in the editor window.