Opening Analytics objects without a source
You can open Analytics objects without a source query or table and add it later.
To open an Analytics object without a preliminary opened source query or table
About this task
- Select Opening QMF catalog objects). and open the required object from the QMF catalog (See
- In the Select Columns dialog, click ellipsis (…) to specify a query or table, which you want to use as a source for the chart. The Data Source Object dialog opens.
- In the Data Source Object dialog select
a directory, from which you want to open a query or table:
- If you select From file option, enter the required query or table in the Name field using the Browse button.
- If you select From data source
option, click the List Objects button.
The Object List dialog opens. For detailed information about working with the Object List dialog, see steps 3-8 in the Listing data source objects topic.
- If you select From repository option,
the current repository is displayed in a tree structure in the Repository
location list. Expand the folders until you find the object
that you want to open. Select the object. Note: You can set filter name and user information for the selected data sources by clicking the Set Name Filter and Set User Information buttons.
- If you selected From file or From repository options, specify the number of the query result set in the Result set field.
- Select Always use this object when opening this document check box to use the selected query for all other Analytics objects.
- Click OK to close the Data
Source Object dialog. The source opens in the Select Columns dialog.
- In the Parameter selection list, you can modify the available columns that refer to a particular chart axis. To modify a column, click the column that you want to modify and select the required one from the list.
- Click OK. The Select Columns dialog closes and the object is displayed on the Results tab of the editor area.
You can export or print the opened Analytics object.