Adding objects to the Canvas in the HTML5 mode
You can add objects to the Canvas object of an ad hoc report or a visual dashboard in the HTML5 mode to provide functionality to the Canvas object.
About this task
- If you work with a visual dashboard, click the Runtime tab
in the editor to place the visual dashboard in the Runtime mode.
If you work with an ad hoc report, your Canvas is already in the Runtime mode.
- Click to expand the Canvas toolbar.
- Click Add from Repository to open the Canvas internal tree of objects.
- Expand the nodes of the tree to locate the objects that
you want to add to your Canvas. Click Add.
Each object that you add to the Canvas can be displayed as a grid or a chart. Currently, Canvas supports the following objects:
Note: You can add queries with prompts to the Canvas object of your ad hoc report or visual dashboard. For visual dashboards, use local or global parameters to manage prompts automatically. Insert a parameter to the visual project, make sure that it has the same name as one of the prompted variables used in the query, and set the default value. This value is set for the prompt variable when you add the query to the Canvas.
- Analytical Query
- Compound Dynamart
- Drill-down Path
- Visual Query
Also, for ad hoc reports and visual dashboards, you can specify prompt values when adding query to the Canvas.
- You can add control objects (text box, combo box, and list
box) and labels to your Canvas. Use the control objects to filter
the data on your Canvas and to accept the user input.
- To add the Label object, click Add Label. Use the Label object to create captions or explanatory notes to the data-driven objects (grids and charts) on your Canvas.
- To add the Text box object, click Add Text Box. Use the Text box object, if you want the user to type the filter values manually.
- To add the Combo box object, click Add Combo Box. Use the Combo box object, if you want to provide the user with a list of predefined filters for the data-driven objects. Combo box allows the user to select only one filter from the list.
- To add the List box object, click Add List Box. Use the List box object, if you want to provide the user with a list of predefined filters for the data-driven objects. List box allows the user to select multiple filters from the list.