Selecting the users and groups that are allowed repository object access
You must select the users and groups that will be allowed to access a repository object.
To select the users and groups that will be allowed access to a repository object:
About this task
- Right-click any repository object that is listed in the Repositories, Repository Explorer or Workspace views. Select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Properties window opens. Select Security from the tree. The Security page of the window opens. Click Add. The Select Users or Groups window opens.
- The users and groups that are available for assignment are listed in the Group or user names list box. These are the users and groups that you either specified using the Users and Groups view if you selected Internal repository security, or obtained from your LDAP server if you selected LDAP repository security.
- To filter the users and groups that are listed you can:
- Use the Name filter field.
- Clear the Show users check box. Only Groups will be listed.
- Clear the Show groups check box. Only Users will be listed.
- To select a user or group and grant them permission to use this repository object, select the user or group from the Group or user names list box and click the move right (>>) icon. The user or group is now listed in the Selected objects list box.
- To remove a user or group from the Selected objects list box, click the move left (<<) icon.
- Click OK. The Select Users or Groups window closes. The users or groups that you have moved to the Selected objects list box are added as users and groups that can access the repository object. They are listed in the Group or user names list box of the Properties dialog.