Specifying export query operation options
You use the export query operation to export query results to a file.
To add an export query operation to an action:
About this task
- Open the Specify operations page of
the Action Wizard and click Add Operation.
The Operation Wizard opens.
- Click Export query and then click Next.
The Specify export parameters page opens.
- Select the necessary result set number in the Result set field.
- Select the necessary display mode from the Display mode list if several of them are available.
- Select the file type that you want to export from the Export
type drop-down list. Valid file types are:
- Avro (*.avro)
- Text (*.txt)
- CSV (*.csv)
- Parquet (*.parquet)
- PDF (*.pdf)
- HTML (*.htm)
- IXF (*.ixf)
- XML Extensible Markup Language file (*.xml)
- XLS Microsoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls)
- XLSX Microsoft Excel 2007 (*.xlsx)
- PNG (*.png)
- Specify the location to save the object.
There are two options:
- To specify a static save location
for the object, click Path and then click the
ellipsis (...) at the bottom right of the Destination area.
The Save As window opens.
- Navigate to the directory location
where you want to save the object and click Finish.
The Save As window closes.
- In case the Root output directory is specified on the Server-Side File System page of the Preferences window, you can just type a path and a file name or only a file name in the Path field. The file will be exported to this root directory automatically. In QMF for WebSphere® you can specify only the path, lying in the root directory set by administrator. Otherwise, the export will be forbidden and an error will occur.
- To specify a conditional save location for the object,
click Formula and then click the ellipsis (...).
The Formula editor opens.
- Specify the formula to use to determine the location
to save the object and click OK.
The Formula editor closes.
- To specify a static save location for the object, click Path and then click the ellipsis (...) at the bottom right of the Destination area.
- Select the Delete after task completion check box if you want to remove the exported file from the specified location when the scheduled task is completed.
- Select the Mark as attachment check box if you want to be able to attach this query result set to the email automatically.
- Click Next. The Specify [file type] export options page opens. On this page you can select additional options that are available depending on the type of file that you are creating.
- Click Finish. The Operation Wizard closes.