Administering virtual data sources
Use the Security tab of the virtual data source editor to set user roles and permissions for your virtual data source that is stored in a secured repository.
Complete the following steps to administer your virtual data source:
About this task
- To apply user permissions to a table or a column, expand Tables in the Tables pane and select the table that you want to administer.
- See the list of users and user groups in the Groups
or users names pane.
- To filter the list, select or clear the Show users and Show groups check boxes.
- To edit the permissions of each user or user group, select it and drag it to the Permissions pane.
- Edit the permissions that are currently authorized for each owner in the Permissions pane. For more information about the permissions, see Assigning users and groups permission to use repository objects.
- Apply user permissions to specific table rows in the Row
level security conditions pane.
Note: The Row level security conditions pane is only available for virtual tables based on relational tables.
- To apply user permissions on a row level, select the user that you want to grant permissions to in the Permissions pane.
- In the Row level security conditions pane, select the Override parent’s conditions check box.
- In the editor area, type the column name, the values
of which you want to use as a filter, and type the condition. For
example, if you work with the Q.STAFF table and only want to display
managers to a particular user, type
- Click Apply to save the settings.