Specifying additional parameters
You can specify additional data source parameters on the Information page of the data source Properties window.
About this task
From the Repository Explorer view, right-click the data source that you
want to edit and click Properties.
The Properties window opens.
- Select Information. The Information page opens.
- Specify the settings in the Additional parameters table.
Valid additional parameters include:
- Emulate Host QMF Column Naming (Db2® Only)
- Specifies whether the data source emulates the column naming conventions of the host QMF catalog. This option is only valid for Db2 data sources.
- Enable Spatial Extensions
- Specifies whether extensions are enabled for spatial data that is stored in the data source.
- Schema Retrieval Method
- Specifies how schemas are retrieved from the database. If you select
getTables, the schemas are organized by their table names. If you select
getSchemas, the schemas are organized by their owners. If you select
getTables/getSchemas, the schemas are organized according to the filtering
options that you have specified in the Set Name Filter dialog: if the
Name field contains the
%character, the schemas are organized by their owners. If the Name field contains anything else, the schemas are organized by their table names.Note: getTables/getSchemas is the default schema retrieval method for non-Db2 databases.
- Do Not Access Database to Retrieve Query Metadata
- Specifies whether query metadata is retrieved from the host database.
Use this parameter to reduce the time of running the query and display the result set faster. It is FALSE by default. When this parameter is set to TRUE, the application does not refer to database and does not retrieve the metadata. So the result set is displayed faster, but the amount of R/W (read and write) queries is smaller than when the metadata are retrieved and this parameter is set to FALSE.
- When you finished specifying the additional parameters,
click Apply. The changes are saved to the data source.
- Click OK. The Properties window closes.