Creating a response file
To run a silent installation of QMF for Workstation, you must create a response file that specifies all installation options. This file must specify all the features that you want to install and installation paths.
About this task
- In the command line, run
the installation command.
- See the examples for a Windows installation to the
setupwin64.exe -r installer.properties
-rspecifies that the installation software runs in record mode.
- See the example for a Windows installation to the
setupwin64.exe -r C:\drive_path\response_file.properties
- -r specifies that the installation software is run in the record mode.
- C:\drive_path\response_file.properties specifies the path to the response file that you want to create.
- See the examples for a Windows installation to the current directory:
- As the installation proceeds, you select the features that each user that runs this executable installs on their machine.
- Upon completion of the installation, the application is installed in the directory that you specified during the installation.
What to do next
Distribute the files to the user machines to that you want to install the software and run the silent installation.