General installation concepts
Because QMF for TSO and CICS® is a Db2® for z/OS® application, you must understand many of the same concepts as you do to install Db2 for z/OS.
Before you begin the installation process, ensure that you have the following knowledge:
- Ensure that you understand the different ways in which QMF can be configured for your environment so that you can make informed decisions. Read Planning your configuration.
- Ensure that you understand the authorization requirements for installing and administering QMF. Read Required authorities for installing and adminstering QMF.
- Ensure that you understand the requirements for requester databases. Read Installation prerequisites for requester (Db2 for z/OS) databases.
- If you intend to install QMF on different databases that are part of a distributed data configuration, ensure that you understand the remote unit of work and distributed unit of work concepts. Read QMF in distributed data networks.
- Ensure that you understand the following concepts:
- CREATE, INSERT, and GRANT SQL statements, including the meaning of granting privileges or authorities to PUBLIC.
- The terms application plan, package, and bind.
- Databases, table spaces, tables, and views.
- Database security.