Jobs that install QMF Version 13 Release 1 in server databases where no prior release is installed
This job sequence installs QMF Version 13 Release 1 on Db2® for z/OS®, DB2® for iSeries, or Db2 for Linux®, UNIX, and Windows servers where no prior release of QMF is installed.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you are following the correct installation path before you perform these tasks. This procedure is associated with Installation path D: Installing QMF Version 13 Release 1 in a Db2 for z/OS, iSeries, or LUW server.
- Verify that the database is one of the following
releases. If necessary, upgrade the database before you continue:
- Db2 for z/OS servers must be Version 11.1 or higher.
- DB2 for iSeries servers must be Version 7.3 or later.
- Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers must be Version 11.1 or later.
About this task
- Customize parameter values in the jobs
as necessary by following the instructions in the prolog of each job
or by setting site-specific installation defaults or by overriding
installation defaults. Then run the jobs in their specified order.
The jobs listed in the following table reside as members in the QMF1310.SDSQSAPE data set.
Table 1. Job sequence for installing QMF Version 13 Release 1 in remote Db2 for z/OS, DB2 for iSeries, or Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers where no prior release of QMF is installed. Job name Description DSQ1TBAJ Optional: Creates QMF VCAT (Db2 for z/OS servers only) DSQ1BSQL
Binds the QMF installation programs from the Db2 for z/OS requester database to the server database
If you are installing QMF under a secondary authorization ID, edit this job and add either the OWNER(secauth) parameter or a SET CURRENT SQLID='secauth' specification to the BIND PACKAGE and BIND PLAN statements so that QMF is able to resolve the ID. The value of the SECAUTH parameter in the DSQ1DEFS exec must match the SECAUTH value that you provide in this job.
DSQ1BLNI Creates QMF Version 13 Release 1 control tables
Creates the default views that support the QMF LIST command
DSQ1BPKG Binds the QMF packages DSQ1STGJ
Db2 for z/OS servers only: creates the storage group, database, and table space for the QMF SAVE DATA command
The SAVE DATA command is used during the installation verification procedures.
DSQ1EIVS Optional: Db2 for z/OS servers only: creates the QMF sample tables DSQ1EDJ4 Optional: Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers only: creates the QMF sample tables DSQ1EAS4 Optional: DB2 for iSeries only: creates the QMF sample tables
- After you run each job, check for a return code of 0 or 4. Both codes indicate successful completion.
What to do next
After all jobs have run successfully, return to Installation path C: Installing QMF Version 13 Release 1 in a Db2 for z/OS, iSeries, or LUW server for the next step in the installation process.