Calculating values to use in a report
You can specify calculations in a form that are similar to the calculations that are performed in a query.
QMF evaluates calculations in a form by using the REXX programming language. Calculations can take advantage of all the built-in REXX functions as well as REXX execs that you write. However, calculations in a form can affect performance.
The values in your reports can come from the following:
- Data that you import or have stored in the database
- Calculations that are performed in a query
- Calculations that are performed within a QMF form
You can create calculations to use in a report in one of the following ways:
- Define an expression that calculates a value.
- Create a REXX program to return a value.
Your site might not support the use of calculations and REXX functions. Check with your administrator before you try to use calculations in a report.