Version 12.1 continuous delivery enhancements
The following features and enhancements were originally released through QMF Version 12 Release 1 continuous delivery:
Db2 for z/OS support
- Improved usage of the Db2® dynamic statement cache is achieved with the new concentrate statements with literals support. Through activation of the QMF global variable DSQEC_CON_CSWL, QMF uses Db2 prepare attribute CONCENTRATE STATEMENTS WITH LITERALS on all SELECT queries run through the RUN QUERY command and all DISPLAY, EXPORT and PRINT TABLE commands. command and all DISPLAY, EXPORT, PRINT TABLE commands When dynamic statement caching is active, this can have Db2 exclude th literal constants that are in dynamic SQL statements when searching fo a statement text match in the dynamic statement cache. This results in more sharing and reuse of cached statements.
- QMF installation now conforms to universal table space (UTS) requirements of one table per table space. Additionally, the default Q.PROFILES SPACE value is set to DATABASE "DSQDBDEF" to have users create implicit universal table spaces with each SAVE DATA command.
- QMF installation now can be customized for installation into Db2 for z/OS servers using external security models like RACF. Using new customization switches, extraneous GRANT statements may be eliminated. Users may also customize the default list view jobs as well.
- The CURRENT ACCELERATOR special register may now be set from within a QMF SQL query. This special register specifies the preferred target accelerator or accelerators to which Db2 sends dynamic SQL queries.
Save data enhancements
- QMF can now optionally use the Db2 for z/OS cross-loader when saving data through the TABLE keyword on the RUN QUERY command. Using this new function can reduce storage requirements needed for QMF batch or interactive sessions. Users can also see improved performance when using this new feature. Note that the DB2 for z/OS cross-loader is an extra cost feature available in the DB2 for z/OS Utilities Suite. The cross-loader must be installed and configured in order for the QMF function to be enabled.
- QMF can now optionally specify a database name when creating accelerator only tables (AOTs) through the SAVE DATA IMPORT TABLE or RUN QUERY commands. New global variable DSQEC_SAV_ACCELDB will control the new behavior.
- SAVE DATA completion messaging has been updated to report the number of rows saved or inserted into the table during command processing.
QMF administrator improvements
- QMF Administrator privilege checking is enhanced to allow for settings via the user's QMF profile. Using new profile settings in the MODEL column, users may be considered a QMF Administrator. This method bypasses the traditional checking to see if the user has INSERT or DELETE privilege on the Q.PROFILES table.
Default form overrides
- New global variable DSQEC_DSQSFISO has been added to change the DSQSFISO program parameter functionality from within a QMF session. DSQSFISO allows report formatting override capability for the CHAR(datetime-expression) data to match local Db2 date and time formats. DSQEC_DSQSFISO extends the program parameter startup option DSQSFISO to be toggled within an active QMF session.
- The DSQDC_ED_DEC global variable, which allows report formatting override capability for decimal data types has been updated to allow '*' specifications for all allowable decimal edit codes. This allows wider formatting options based on the length of the data type.
New global variable DSQAO_ROW_LENGTH has been added. This global variable contains the length of each data row returned from the last run query if the report is still in storage.