Specifying Main resource limits
On the Main page of the Edit Resource Limits Group Schedule window you specify the day and time when the schedule will be in effect.
The Main resource limits are as follows:
- This resource limit is available only in the New Resource Limits Group
Schedule window. Populate this text field with a number from 1 to 99. This number is used
to identify the schedule and represent the schedule's priority. A number is assigned to the schedule
only when it is created. The schedule number must be unique. Once assigned, you cannot change the
schedule number and its assigned priority.
The schedule's priority number is used to decide which schedule is in effect when schedules overlap. If two schedules for the resource limits group cover the same time period, the schedule with the lower number takes precedence.
- Day Range
- Select from the drop down lists a day of the week that will be the starting day and a day of the week that will be the ending day for the schedule. The schedule is in effect from the starting day to the ending day, inclusive. You can specify a day range that wraps around the end of the week. For example, selecting Friday through Monday activates the schedule Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. In reverse, selecting Monday through Friday activates the schedule Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Time Range
- Select from the drop down lists a time to start and a time to end the schedule. The schedule is in effect from the start time to the end time, inclusive. Time is specified using a 24 hour clock. You can specify a time range that wraps around midnight. For example, selecting 23:00 through 7:00 will activate the schedule from 11:00 at night until 7:00 in the morning. In reverse, selecting 7:00 through 23:00 will activate the schedule from 7:00 in the morning till 11:00 at night.
- Use these radio buttons to set the status of the individual schedule.
The status of the whole Resource Limits group, set using Status on
the Edit Resource Limits Group window, takes
precedence over the individual schedule status. There are two choices
- Active to activate this schedule.
- Inactive to deactivate this schedule. An inactive schedule remains as it was defined until you activate it or delete the schedule from the resource limits group. You can activate the schedule at any time.