Managing user profiles
All users that will be assigned to a QMF catalog based resource limits group must have a user profile.
About this task
You can use the User Profiles page of the Resource Limits window to create, edit or delete user profiles, and assign new user profiles that you create to QMF catalog resource limits groups.
To create, edit or delete user profiles:
- From the Repository Explorer view, right-click a data source. Select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Properties for [data source] window opens. Click the Resource Limits folder. The Resource Limits window opens. There are two pages. Click the User Profiles tab.
- Click Refresh List. The user profiles that have been created for the data source and meet the most recent search criteria are listed in the User Profiles list box including the SYSTEM user profile. You can modify the user profiles that are listed using the Show user profiles whose names match field. In this field you can specify the user ID of a specific user profile or a wildcard character. A percent (%) sign will generate a list of all user profiles that have been created for the data source. Click Refresh List to initiate the search.
- To add a new user profile, click Add. The User Profile window opens. Specify the field values and click OK. The user profile is created and assigned to a resource group that you specify. Control returns to the User Profiles page.
- To edit a user profile, select the user profile that you want to change from the User Profiles list. Click Edit. The User Profile window opens. Make the changes to the field values and click OK. The changes are saved and control returns to the User Profiles page.
- To delete a user profile, select the user profile that
you want to delete from the User Profiles list.
Click Delete. The user profile is deleted from
the profile table. Note: If you are choosing to use restricted enrollment, you must delete the SYSTEM user profile.
- Click Apply or OK. The changes that you have made to the user profiles are saved.