Drawing example tables
In QBE, you create queries in an example table.
Db2® for z/OS® Version 13 Release 1 increases maximum column name lengths from 30 bytes to 128 bytes. Db2 for z/OS Version 13 Release 1 increase to 128 byte column name support is limited for those applications that use an SQLDA to obtain column name information. The QMF for TSO and CICS application falls into this category. Due to this Db2 for z/OS limitation, column names longer than 30 bytes are truncated. If a column name longer than 30 bytes is present, the QBE command is blocked from usage.
The example table appears as shown in the following figure:
Within this framework, you can select the columns you want to see by using the
P. keyword and other QBE keywords to control the presentation of the report data
and make changes to the database.
The program function keys shown at the bottom of the screen make it easier to perform certain functions. Your site may have changed the setting of the function keys. The initial default settings are as follows:
- Shows help information about your last action.
- Runs your query.
- Returns to the QMF home panel.
- Makes the object larger.
- Makes the object smaller.
- Draws an empty example table.
- Moves the display backward.
- Moves the display forward.
- Shows the form panel last used.
- Scrolls the display to the left.
- Scrolls the display to the right.
- Displays your report.