Searching for the rows you want to change
After you start the Table Editor in CHANGE mode, you can search for rows to change.
About this task
The Table Editor SEARCH panel, which is shown in the following figure, shows the name of each column in the table, followed by an entry field where you can enter search criteria to select the rows you want to change.
To search for the rows you want to change:
- Specify the search criteria:
- Type the criteria that you want to use to select the rows to change.
- Leave a null in any field for which you are not specifying selection criteria.
- Press the Clear function key to clear all the fields and set them to the null or column default indicator.
- Press the Show Field function key to see the data type for a column.
- Press Enter to select all the rows in the table.
- To select a specific set of rows to change, you can either
use an exact value or use the underscore (_) and the percent sign
(%) as selection symbols to specify selection criteria for any column
that contains character or graphic data.
- Use an underscore for one character.
- Use the percent sign for zero or more characters.
- Press the Search function key.
The Table Editor CHANGE panel displays with the first row you selected.