The TSO command lets you issue a command in the TSO environment without terminating your use of QMF.
|TSO with ISPF||TSO without ISPF|
- EXEC or EX
- Indicates that the value for commandstring is the data set name of a CLIST or REXX program rather than a TSO command.
- A character string that constitutes a valid command or exec in the TSO environment.
Everything after the TSO command is sent to TSO and interpreted there.
- If execution is successful, you return to the same panel in QMF from which you entered the TSO command.
- If execution is not successful, you receive the same error message from TSO as you would if you were not going through QMF.
- To send user ID PEGGY5 a message with the TSO SEND
TSO SEND 'I RECEIVED YOUR PROC2. THANK YOU.' USER(PEGGY5)
- To run the REXX program
SAMPLE in data set KELLY1.EXEC:
TSO EXEC 'KELLY1.EXEC(SAMPLE)'