The RESET command restores an object in temporary storage to its initial state. This command does not apply to ANALYTIC objects.
|TSO with ISPF||TSO without ISPF||CICS®|
- Displays an empty procedure panel.
- Displays your profile with the values reset to those saved in the database at the current location.
- Purges all data in the DATA temporary storage area and closes the database cursor. The REPORT object in temporary storage is discarded. The QMF home panel is displayed if the RESET command was issued from the REPORT panel.
- Displays an empty query panel.
- QUERY options
- Specifies which query language to initialize in the query panel.
- Displays a blank SQL Query panel.
- Displays a blank QBE Query panel.
- Displays a blank Prompted Query panel and starts a new Prompted Query dialog.
- Specifies the data model used for queries. Relational data is the only supported value (REL).
- Displays the FORM.MAIN panel with all parts of the form reset
to their default values. The defaults are set to match the column
information in the DATA object. If the DATA object is empty, there
will be no column information in the form.
If the current panel is FORM.MAIN, the default object for the RESET command is FORM.
- Displays the FORM.COLUMNS panel with just that part of the form reset to match the column information in the DATA object. If the DATA object is empty, there will be no column information.
- Displays the specified form panel with just that part of the form
reset to its default values.
- FORM.DETAIL options
- Specifies a detail variation to display with its fields reset.
If this option is omitted, the current detail variation is reset. An exception to this is when more than one detail variation exists and the current panel is not FORM.DETAIL. In this situation, you must specify this option.
- The number for a detail variation. The number must be an integer
from 1 to 99.
If the specified detail variation has not been created yet, the number is reduced to the next sequential number following all existing detail variations.
- Reset all detail variations to their default values.
- Specifies which detail variation to use as a template to reset
or create another variation. This can be helpful if you make a number of modifications to a detail panel and want to create another variation with similar changes.
- The number for an existing detail variation. The number must be an integer from 1 to 99.
- To display a prompt panel for the QMF RESET
- To display an empty SQL Query panel:
RESET QUERY (LANGUAGE=SQL
- To erase the data in QMF temporary
- To display the FORM.BREAK6 panel set to the default
values for your data:
- To reset only FORM.DETAIL variation 1:
RESET FORM.DETAIL (VARIATION=1
- To reset detail variation 2 using detail variation 1 as a template:
RESET FORM.DETAIL (VARIATION=2 USING=1
- To reset all detail variations:
RESET FORM.DETAIL (VARIATION=ALL