The END command ends the current operation and returns to an earlier state.
|TSO with ISPF||TSO without ISPF||CICS®|
The result of the END command varies depending on what panel you are using and whether an initial procedure is executing:
- If you enter END (or press the End function key) from the QMF home panel, yourQMF session ends.
- If you enter END (or press the End function key) from any of the
following QMF panels, the QMF home panel is displayed:
QUERY FORM.MAIN FORM.COLUMNS PROC FORM.CALC FORM.OPTIONS PROFILE FORM.DETAIL FORM.BREAK.n REPORT FORM.FINAL FORM.CONDITIONS FORM.PAGE Global variable list
- From a prompt panel, the panel on which you issued the command
that caused the prompt is displayed. (This could be the QMF home panel or the panel for FORM, PROC, PROFILE,
QUERY, or REPORT.)
If you press the End function key after making an entry on the prompt panel and before pressing Enter, the entry you made is not processed.
- From a Table Editor panel, your changes are committed and the
panel from which you called the Table Editor is displayed.
When you press the End function key from a Table Editor panel, a confirmation panel is displayed so you can decide whether to end (commit your changes to the database) or not (return to the Table Editor panels).
- If QMF was started with an initial procedure, END reruns the initial procedure without displaying the QMF home panel.
- If the current panel is the QMF home panel and END is issued through the QMF command or callable interface, the QMF session is not terminated immediately. Instead, the CLIST or program containing the END command regains control. In this case, the QMF session is not terminated until the CLIST or program ends.
- If END is issued from a new interactive session that was started by the INTERACT command, control is returned to the application or procedure from which the INTERACT command was issued. In this case, END does not terminate the session or display the QMF home panel.
- If the END command is issued from a new interactive session that was started as the result of issuing a command on the database object list panel, the database object list is displayed. In this case, END does not terminate the session or display the QMF home panel.