Planning for storage providers
PowerVC uses the OpenStack cinder block storage service to interact with storage devices. Use this information to ensure that your storage provider is set up to work with PowerVC.
- IBM® FlashSystem and Storwize® family
- PowerVC supports Global Mirror, Global Mirror Change Volume replication, and HyperSwap® using IBM FlashSystem and Storwize family storage. For details, see Planning for IBM FlashSystem and Storwize family storage.
- Pure Storage
- For details, see Planning for Pure Storage.
- EMC PowerMax (VMAX)
- For information about using these models with PowerVC, see Planning for EMC PowerMax storage.
- Enterprise Hitachi Block Storage Driver (HBSD)
- For information about using this driver with PowerVC, see Hitachi Block Storage driver support.
- HPE Storage
- For details, see Planning for HPE storage.
- IBM System Storage® DS8000®
- For details, see Planning for IBM System Storage DS8000.
See the following topics for detailed information: