Verifying your environment
The PowerVC user interface includes a tool that checks certain aspects of your environment to make sure that your resources are configured correctly. This topic describes how and when to use this tool and what elements of your environment are checked.
- The environment checker uses the Bash shell. The Korn shell is not supported.
- After adding new fabrics or hosts, wait five minutes before running the environment verification tool. Otherwise, old data might be used.
It can take several minutes to verify your environment. If you have errors in your environment, use the Corrective Action portion of the message to help resolve the problem or warning.
- Hosts and storage are the correct machine type and model.
- The allowed number of hosts is not exceeded.
- The correct level of Virtual I/O Server is installed on your hosts.
- The Virtual I/O Server is configured correctly on all of your hosts.
- Storage and SAN switches are configured correctly.
- There is connectivity between hosts and storage.