IBM Power Virtualization Center APIs
The OpenStack software has industry-standard interfaces that are released under the terms of the Apache License. IBM® Power® Virtualization Center interfaces are a subset of OpenStack northbound APIs. A number of interfaces were added or extended to enhance the capabilities that are associated with the IBM Power platform.
- Supported OpenStack APIs - These APIs are a subset of the APIs provided by OpenStack and can be used with PowerVC without any modifications.
- Extended OpenStack APIs - These APIs are a subset of the APIs provided by OpenStack, but their functions are extended by PowerVC.
- PowerVC APIs - These APIs do not exist in OpenStack and are exclusive to PowerVC.
- Preferred format:
- Telemetry (Ceilometer) APIs are accessible by using this format
- Some strings are not translated.
- Exceptions coming from external sources such as HMC are never translated.