Contacting IBM Support
IBM® Support provides assistance with product defects, answers FAQs, and helps users resolve problems with the product.
For PowerVC release lifecycle support, see Software lifecycle portal. You can contact the support team for new fixes until the announcement of EOS.
For PowerVC release dates and end of service pack support (EoSPS) dates, see the PowerVC Lifecycle Information web page.
Post the announcement of EOS, you can contact the support team for
How-to questions for
existing fixes. Support for new fixes is not provided.
To obtain benefits of complete support from our technical team, we recommend you upgrade to the latest version.After you try to find your answer or solution by using other self-help options such as technotes, you can contact IBM Support. Before you contact IBM Support, your company or organization must have an active IBM software maintenance agreement (SWMA), and you must be authorized to submit problems to IBM. For information about the types of available support, see the
Software Support Handbook.
To contact IBM Support about a problem:
- Define the problem, gather background information, and determine the severity of the
problem. For more information, see the Getting IBM support for your products.
- Gather diagnostic information. For more information about collecting and compressing diagnostic data, see
Exchanging information with IBM.
- Submit the problem to IBM Support
in one of the following ways:
- Online through the IBM Support Portal: http://www.ibm.com/software/support/: You can open, update, and view all of your service requests from the Service Request portlet on the Service Request web page.
- By phone: For the phone number to call in your region, see the Directory of worldwide contacts web page: http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/.