Accessibility features in IBM Power® Virtualization Center
Accessibility features help users who have a disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully.
Accessibility featuresThe following list includes the major accessibility features in PowerVC.
- Uses accessibility support enabled by your Web browser
- Can be operated using only the keyboard
- Communicates all information independent of color
- Supports the attachment of alternate output devices
- Provides help information in an accessible format
- Supports alternatives to audio information (Microsoft Windows systems only)
- Supports interfaces commonly used by screen readers and screen magnifiers
Accessing additional informationUse one of these methods to access additional information in the interface:
- Help links open help topics that give more detailed information. These behave as normal links but open in a new window.
- Help buttons have a few sentences of additional information. When the cursor focus is on a help button, press Enter to open and read the text, then press Esc to close the text.
- Some form fields have help text associated with them. When the cursor focus is on a form field, press Ctrl+Shift+/ to open and read help text associated with a form field. If no help text is associated with a form field, no text will be read.
- In validation and message windows, press Enter from a row for
more detailed information. Note: In a details window, pressing Enter from a row opens the corresponding details window, if one exists.
- To open a link in a table cell, navigate to the cell and press the space bar.