Managing existing volumes
You can manage existing storage volumes with IBM® Power® Virtualization Center. After they have been added to PowerVC, you can also stop managing them at any time.
About this task
- Existing volumes will not have an associated storage template.
- After adding the volume to PowerVC management, you can attach it to one or
more virtual machines. For information about attaching a volume to multiple virtual machines, see
Working with shared volumes.
Use caution when attaching a volume that begins with xxxx-boot-xxx because it could be a boot volume from a virtual machine that did not have its ephemeral disk storage cleaned up properly. Attaching this volume can cause confusion when capturing virtual machines.
- From the left side of the page, click the storage icon.
- In the Storage panel, click the Storage Providers tab and click Manage Existing Volumes.
- To stop managing volumes, click the relevant Volumes tab, select the volume Unmanage. Removing them from management does not destroy the storage volume.