Host standby mode
Starting PowerVC 2.2.0, you can now move a host to standby mode. A Standby host is also referred to as a reserve-on-purpose host.
- The host's hypervisor must be in an “operating” state.
- No virtual machine (VM) must be present in the host.
- If soft pinned VMs are associated with the host, that host cannot be placed into a standby mode.
- New provisioning of VM is not possible.
- VMs cannot be imported.
- All mobility operations in the standby host are blocked.
- Unset the standby host to ‘Available’.
- Define the standby mode during the registration of the new host.
- Define any number of hosts as standby hosts and these hosts will not be considered as viable hosts for any policy set at the host group level, for example, Packing, Striping, CPU or Memory balance, and so on.
Host standby mode options
Enables or disables the host maintenance mode for the respective hypervisor hostname.
- Normal Response Code: 200
- Error Response Codes:
- Bad Request (400)
- Not Found (404)
Required: Enable or disable standby mode. Values are