Installing the Virtual I/O Server
Each of the hosts in your IBM® Power® Virtualization Center environment must have at least one Virtual I/O Server installed on it.
Before you start, complete the following tasks:
- Ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- An HMC is attached to the managed system.
- The VIOS logical partition and logical partition profile are created.
- Obtain the following information for the VIOS:
- IP address for the VIOS
- Subnet mask for the VIOS
- Default gateway for the VIOS
For instructions to install a Virtual I/O Server, see Installing the Virtual I/O Server manually by using HMC Version 7 Release 7.1, and later in the IBM Power Knowledge Center.