Environment verification tool fails or you cannot log on to PowerVC
Follow these steps if you have problems running the environment checker.
- The environment checker returns this error:
Unable to request data from the environment verification tool. Explanation: The validator service might be down or not responding to requests,or you cannot log on to PowerVC.
- The environment checker does not work when the user's shell is not configured to use the Bash shell.
- The environment checker is being run from a user ID that does not have proper authority.
- The environment checker is only supported when using Bash. The Korn shell is not supported.
- Add the following line to the /etc/sudoers file:
#includedir /etc/sudoers.dNote: The line must be added exactly as shown, including the number (#) symbol.
- Install the Bash rpm, configure your user profile to use the bash shell, then retry.