Update VIP settings by using OpsMgr
Starting PowerVC 2.0.3, you can update virtual IP (VIP) settings by using PowerVC operations manager (OpsMgr).
--help. For example, powervc-opsmgr config changevip --help.
- Make sure that all services are up and running before performing powervc-opsmgr config changevip.
- Run powervc-opsmgr config changevip command from primary / bootstrap node.
Perform the following steps to update the VIP settings. Make sure that you always use a free IP address.
- Pre-stage: Run nohup powervc-opsmgr config changevip -r <New IP that you want to configure> -c <cluster name> -l -p & for pre-stage. This command updates the inventory files. To check whether the entries under /opt/ibm/powervc-opsmgr/ansible/inventory are updated, you can run powervc-opsmgr inventory -l.
- Manual stage:Run the following command and delete the VIP that is associated with
ip addr del <VIP>/<NETMASK_CIDR> dev <INTERFACE_NAME>
- Final stage: Run nohup powervc-opsmgr config changevip -r <New IP that
you want to configure> -c <cluster name> -l
powervc-servicesafter performing operation by using powervc-services restart command.If inventory has Firewall config set to true, then run systemctl restart firewalld on all nodes.Upon successful execution of the command, the VIP is updated.
- No other operations can be performed until completion of
- After updating IP address, you can access GUI after 20 minutes.